Danish woman's gang-rape: Third man held remanded in 3-day police custody

A third man arrested in connection with the gangrape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist was on Friday remanded in three-day police custody by a Delhi court.
Twenty-three-year-old Raju Singh, arrested yesterday afternoon, was produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sudhanshu Kaushik, who handed the accused to Delhi Police for his custodial interrogation till January 20.
The police sought three days remand, saying Raju is to be confronted with the other two accused -- Mahender alias Ganja and Mohammed Raza -- already in its custody till Monday.
"The accused is remanded in police custody. He should be produced along with other two co-accused on January 20," the court said.
The police informed the court that Raju is one among the eight accused, all vagabonds, who had gangraped and looted the Danish woman at knife-point on January 14 night.
The investigating officer told the court that the accused was arrested by Railway Police Force (RPF) from New Delhi railway station compound yesterday.
Police also said that initially the RPF had apprehended him as it knew that he was wanted in this case and produced him in a railway court, which directed that Raju should be handed over to Delhi Police.
The police told the court that the accused himself has disclosed about his involvement in the crime.
"We have also recovered the alleged stolen I-pad from the accused possessions," police said, adding that the five are still on run.
Police have booked the accused persons under sections 376 (2)(G) (gangrape), 397 (robbery or dacoity, with attempt to cause death or grievous hurt) and 392 (robbery) of the IPC.
The victim, who had come to India on January 1, lost her way to her hotel in Paharganj on Tuesday following which she approached a group of eight men asking for directions.
They took her to a secluded place, robbed her of her belongings and took turns to rape her at knife point, she had told the police.
"On January 14 she had gone to visit a museum near Connaught Place. On her way back to the hotel at around 4 pm, she lost her way. As she was looking for directions, a group of men waylaid her, took her to a secluded place where they first robbed her cash, iPad and other valuables at knife-point and then took turns to rape her," she told police.
Mahender and Raza were arrested and police recovered an i-pod, ear plug, a Nokia mobile worth Rs 1,200 (purchased out of robbed cash), Rs 800 cash from Mahender's possession.
"The woman has returned to Denmark after recording her statement," the police had said.

Danish woman's gang-rape: Third man held remanded in 3-day police custody Danish woman's gang-rape: Third man held remanded in 3-day police custody Reviewed by Vinay Chauhan on 06:53:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.